Contact: Single sheet, 4 ply polyester, discharge chute: carbon steel (FDA epoxy)
Non contact: Carbon steel (interior-primed, exterior-FDA epoxy)
Applications: Used in bulk solids material handling systems, aeration discs, also known as silo fluidizers, bin aerators, or silo aeration bottoms are used to create flow of dry bulk solids from vertical storage bins. Used on silos containing:
• soft wheat flour • soy flour • corn flour • hard wheat flour • corn starch • semolina • tortilla
The typical geometry on a standard 4:1 vertical round bin is a aeration disc that is half the diameter of the silo.
How it works:
Positive discharge of the silo is accomplished by pushing pressurized air through the dished-shaped, one piece, 4-ply fluidized bed cloth. The cloth is supported by a perforated plate that supports the weight of the silo product at rest and allows air to pass vertically during use. Air is evenly distributed around the large diameter of the disc, allowing for constant, continuous first in, first out product flow, reducing sluggish flow.
Materials of construction:
• contact: single sheet, 4 ply polyester, discharge chute: carbon steel (FDA epoxy)
• non contact: carbon steel (interior- primed, exterior- FDA epoxy)
• 5’ diameter units require 180 SCFM of 5psi compressed air from a positive displacement blower rigidly piped to disc.
• 6’ diameter units require 240 SCFM of 5psi compressed air from a positive displacement blower rigidly piped to disc.