Our MatTop Plastic Belt Conveyors are constructed with a stainless steel and carbon steel frame design, pre-engineered with common components in stock. This saves you time and money. MCE standard equipment typically ships in 10 – 15 business days.
- A MatTop Plastic Belt Conveyor is a thermoplastic conveyor belt constructed from a series of "flights" attached together by connecting rods.
- Stainless steel and carbon steel frame
- A MatTop conveyor is driven by plastic sprockets attached to a square drive shaft that ensure positive belt tracking.
- MatTop conveyors are durable, wash down resistant, impact resistant and temperature resistant
- Can run at speeds up to 300 feet per minute (fpm)
- Handles heavy loads with a belt pull of up to 907 pounds per foot of belt width
- Available in straight, curve, incline and decline configurations
- Optimizes existing floor space
- Modular design provides easy assembly;
- Ideal for product accumulation
- Food processing applications range from purveying of meat, processing of vegetables, and food assembly lines for pizzas, sandwiches and prepared meals
- Automated filling lines utilize MatTop conveyors for an accumulation of products prior to filling, capping, and sealing
- Industrial applications include pallets, parts and case handling applications.
- MatTop conveying is ideal for parts washers, and any wet application where standard belt conveyors will not work effectively.
- Snack Food & Bakery
- Packaged Foods
- Contract Packaging
- Personal Care
- Specialty Chemicals
- Household Cleaning Products
Stainless steel conveyor systems are ideal for the food manufacturing sector, due to some of the following advantages:
- Hygienic Maintenance
The food and beverage industry needs to maintain thorough hygienic conditions for all their processes. Stainless steel conveyors are capable of maintaining such hygiene. Their excellent resistance against corrosion, as well as over-heating, make them ideal for the displacement of items such as meats, produce, and grains.
- Expedient Food Transfers
Another benefit of stainless steel conveyors is their tight transfer of food items at exact intervals. Timely delivery of often perishable food items is essential during food processing, as well as automated packaging.
- Transfer of Slippery Food Items
For wet and slick food items, stainless steel conveyors can be mesh belted. This asissts in the displacement of food items without slippage.
- Cost Effectiveness
Stainless steel conveyor systems are cost-effective and have a long functioning life. Belts and components are easily maintained and long lasting. Also, thanks to automated technologies, labor costs are reduced for the transfer of items across manufacturing facilities.
Transfer of Product Using Stainless Steel Systems
The versatile nature of stainless steel conveyor systems make them suitable for various food items, such as:
- Bakery Products
Stainless steel conveyor systems provide optimal temperature conditions for bakery product displacement and offer solutions for automated filling, packaging, and labeling of baked food items.
- Meats and Seafood
Poultry products and seafood require clean, hygienic conditions. Such conditions are facilitated by stainless steel conveyors while transferring these items for processing and packaging
- Dairy Products
Packaging of difficult to handle dairy products like cheese, butter, milk, and curds is done efficiently using stainless steel conveyor systems.
Numerous other food items like spices, condiments, beverages, confectioneries, fruits, etc. are transported in food manufacturing using stainless steel conveyors.
For more information on MatTop Plastic Belt Conveyors, please contact a Thomas Conveyor & Equipment Automation Engineer at 844 220 0086 or click on the Contact Us button above.