Permanent safety guard rails for fall protection come in many shapes and sizes to address worksite needs. Our square steel railing system sets up with standard hand tools; no welding, no cutting, no self tapping screws.
Industrial safety handrails and guard rails are commonly found in shipping areas to keep employees safe around dock height doors. Aisle ways can be designated with this heavy industrial steel handrail to separate fork trucks from employees walking through an active area of a production or warehouse floor. Handrails/Guard rails are easy to install and clearly define pedestrian walkways, loading docks, production areas, assembly lines, and more. Steel safety handrails are also an ideal solution for in-plant offices, work platforms, balconies, stairs, mezzanines, catwalks, and equipment crossovers.
For those rail systems used at a second level or on a mezzanine, a 4" high kick plate is added to the handrail system to keep small items from falling off the enclosed area. Safety gates can also be added to control access to secure areas. When used on a mezzanine, these access gates enable you to load product at mezzanine levels from the ground floor.
Guard rails are expected to secure equipment onsite and provide safety and security for workers and staff. At Thomas Conveyor & Equipment we pride ourselves on developing a product that is compliant with OSHA, IBC, ANSI, and national and local building codes.
Thomas Conveyor’s hand and guard rail have a safety yellow or gray powder coat finish. This durable paint finish, although intended for indoor use, will hold up outdoors in most weather conditions.
- Square tube (standard) or round-tube horizontal rail options available
- 2 rail through 5 rail systems
- Custom handrail lengths and designs to meet your needs
- Side-mounted railing is attached directly to (mezzanine) framing using 1/2" ASTM A325 bolts; externally attached so mezzanine square footage is maximized (Surface mounted options available.)
- 2 rail OSHA/IBC systems
- 14 gauge kick-plate stops material from falling
- Expanded metal and vertical picket barriers available
- Available in OSHA Safety Yellow or Wildeck™ Gray (Custom paint colors available)
- ADA compliant options available
- All necessary hardware is included
For more information on Modular Mezzanine Railing Systems, Handrails, or Mezzanine Guard Rails and how it can improve the safety and functionality of your operation, please contact a Thomas Conveyor & Equipment Automation Engineer at 800 220 0086 or click on the Contact Us button above.