The Roach Conveyor Traffic Cop is a product merging solution that is a true mechanical device.
- Traffic Cops efficiently control smooth product flow from one conveyor onto another
- They allow products from one line of traffic to flow freely without interference from another intersecting line of traffic
- There are no electrical controls or photo eyes required in the process of merging packages
- This device has been engineered to handles bags, boxes, and cases
- A Traffic Cop aids in preventing damage and the disruption of product flow due to the product collision.
How it Works
- Traffic Cop directs packages, either in slugs or one-at-a-time, from two different lanes into one lane by utilizing a cam that controls a paddle for each lane
- As packages on each of the two lanes meet the device, the unlocked paddle allows the first group of packages to travel freely, while the other group is held up with the locked paddle
- When the first group is released from the paddle, the cam releases the other paddle and that group of packages is free to move
- The Traffic Cop switches between slugs or individual packages when the gap is created.
For more information on Traffic Cops, please contact a Thomas Conveyor & Equipment Automation Engineer at 844 220 0086 or click on the Contact Us button above.