The FlexLoader components: VRC, Safety Gates, & Perimeter Guarding are designed for heavy duty automation needs. They provide a cost effective solution and are designed to provide the ultimate in safety for personnel.
- Utilizes existing overhead space
- Increased operational productivity
- Aids in safe work environments
- Eliminates elevator inspections and code issues
- Maintains lift compliance
How it Works:
- The overhead safety gate is raised by the operator, which shields the open shaft, allowing materials to be loaded onto the specialized roller conveyor.
- Product is then loaded into the flush mount conveyor section with a pallet jack or forklift.
- The safety gate is closed, preventing personnel from entering the lift platform area.
- The load is lifted and delivered to the assigned level by the VRC
- The safety gate is then opened at the receiving level to unload the product
- The sequence can be repeated at any level, with "C", "Z" or "H" loading patterns.
- Can be supplied by the customer (with Wildeck factory mounting), or
- Can be supplied by Thomas Conveyor & Equipment
- A flush mounted conveyor on each floor assists with easy product loading and unloading with a standard pallet jack or forklift
Separate inbound and outbound lanes can be designated at each level. This provides:
- “C", “Z” or “H" Loading Patterns.
- The VRC carriage and conveyor framing are painted standard Wildeck Gray (ANSI 49 Gray)
- The Overhead Safety Gates are painted Safety Yellow.
- A computer-controlled 7-step process electrostatically applies a tough 2-part polyurethane coating with superior results similar to an automotive clear-coat finish. Wildeck’s new eco-friendly 100% phosphate-free metal pre-treatment process maintains the finish and improves paint line productivity, reduction of emissions and waste, and lowers energy consumption.
- Purchased components are painted as per the vendors’ standard product.
Operations & Controls
Standard control package includes:
- AutoSenz® “D-Series” overload detection system with full diagnostics and programmable VRC service reminder
- Emergency stop buttons at load points
- Full maintenance jog controls for horizontal and vertical movement on the main control panel
- Destination selector buttons at the infeed on multi-level systems
The FlexLoader™ system incorporates Wildeck Safety Gates at the infeed and discharge points to:
- Protect staff from the open shaft and moving equipment
- Prevents loads from accidentally being pushed into or down the elevation shaft
Signaling system (lights and/or alarms) are available to alert:
- System is in “Auto Mode”
- System is in “Manual Mode”
- System status
- Errors or faults
Carriage Safety Options:
Wildeck VRC's have a standard carriage freefall device. Optional safety carriage locking devices are available to prevent the accidental descent of a raised carriage. When the VRC arrives at an upper level stop, the system locks the carriage enclosure either through automatic (SafeLock™) or manual (DeckStop™) means.
- SafeLock™: Automatic; failsafe, the carriage locks automatically when arriving at the
- DeckStop™: Manual; simple, and reliable. Locking arms provide a highly visible barrier at the loading area.
Additional Safety Options Include:
- CargoLok™ Carriage Gate— Encloses and secures large rolling loads
- ArmorCar™ Carriage — A fully-enclosed VRC carriage for additional freight safeguarding
Heavy Duty Landing Level Gates – Used for heavy duty applications or applications prone to impact during load
For more information on the FlexLoader™ Material Conveyor System, please contact a Thomas Conveyor & Equipment Automation Engineer at 800 220 0086 or click on the Contact Us button above.