A Mechanical Straddle Lift/VRC by Wildeck is a cost effective and safe solution for transferring loads to varying elevations in warehouses and other facilities.
The Mechanical Straddle VRC showcases a 2 straddle configuration allowing the choice of a "C" or "Z" loading or unloading pattern.
- Improve the utilization of your existing overhead cubic space
- Increase operational efficiency
- Maintain a safe work environment for personnel
- Eliminate elevator department inspections
- Maintain code compliance in all 50 States
- Standard - Up to 6,000 lbs.
- W8 High Load - Up to 12,000 lbs.
- Standard travel speed is 28 fpm. Higher speeds are available.
- Up to 12 ft. wide x 20 ft. long.
- Custom sizes available.
- Pit-less Flat Plate carriage available on some sizes (eliminates loading ramp or pit requirements)
- Standard – Ground floor plus 1-stop
- Multi-level operation is available, up to 150 ft. high (can be increased with custom configurations)
Mechanical Lifting System:
- Standard Wildeck Mechanical Straddle VRC features a rugged lifting motor rated for continuous duty.
- Included are reliable heavy-duty roller chains, a high service factor gearbox, and an alloy steel driveshaft, specially designed for durability and long service life
- The standard VRC paint color is Wildeck Gray
- Optional colors available
- Purchased components are painted per vendor standards
- Factory painted materials use an electrostatically applied industrial 2-part polyurethane coating
Operations & Controls
Control Panel & Call/Send Stations:
- The main control panel is rated NEMA 12
- NEMA 4 call/send stations are included
- Each level has self-maintained push buttons and an oversized, flat head Emergency Stop
- Optional “Lift Present” lights on Call/Send Stations, Key-Locked or Key-Pad secured controls and stations; Other options may be available
- UL-508A Labeled Control Panel
- 208/230/460 VAC, 3-phase (Single-phase option available)
- Control voltage is 24 volts
- Optional "Factory Pre-wired" call/send stations and gate interlocks are available
- ANSI/ASME B20.1 code requires safety gates and 8' high guarding on all accessible sides of the lift
- Landing gates have electrical and mechanical interlocks that prevent VRC operation if the gates are not fully closed; gates cannot be opened if the carriage is not at the designated level
Carriage Safety Options:
Wildeck VRC's have a standard carriage freefall device. Optional safety carriage locking devices are available to prevent the accidental descent of a raised carriage. When the VRC arrives at an upper level stop, the system locks the carriage enclosure either through automatic (SafeLock™) or manual (DeckStop™) means.
- SafeLock™: Automatic; failsafe, the carriage locks automatically when arriving at the
- DeckStop™: Manual; simple, and reliable. Locking arms provide a highly visible barrier at the loading area.
Additional Safety Options Include:
- CargoLok™ Carriage Gate— Encloses and secures large rolling loads
- ArmorCar™ Carriage — A fully-enclosed VRC carriage for additional freight safeguarding
- Heavy Duty Landing Level Gates – Used for heavy duty applications or applications prone to impact during load
For more information on the Mechanical Straddle VRC, please contact a Thomas Conveyor & Equipment automation engineer at 844 220 0086 or click on the Contact Us button above.